Saturday, June 2, 2007

Steve Gilliard, R.I.P.

Left Blogsylvania lost one of it brightest luminaries today. At the age of 41, Steve Gilliard passed away this morning, Saturday June 2-nd, as has been reported on a myriad of blogs. From his own blog,'newsblog.net' to Firedoglake's Jane Hamsher to Digby to D r i f t g l a s s, to Shakesville, Mr. Gilliard was eulogized as a,'Blogger's Blogger' who's ability to comment with great insight was legendary, going back to his early days at Kos.

I'm sorry that I didn't get to read more of his work as within a week or so of finding his blog he fell sick, was hospitalized and was not able to continue to blog as he had before life threw him such a spitball, that it led to his demise. I did not see it mentioned anywhere what will become of his blog now that he's gone but I doubt it will continue without him.

No comments: